Thursday, September 6, 2012

Sports Theme Baby Shower


One of my coworkers, Jennifer, is having her third boy, and last week we held a baby shower for her at work. I was put in charge of planning the shower, which I have never done before. I’ve helped host a shower, but this time, I was the person in command. Scary!
I think I’ve entered into a realm where anytime there’s an event at work there’s an automatic, “Elizabeth’s crafty, let her do it!”

So, I reluctantly agreed to do it. I decided on a sports themed shower since that is the decor Jennifer is using for the baby's room. 

Besides the fact that I had a million and one things going on the week of the shower, everything turned out great. Plus, Jennifer was pleased, which was my main goal for the baby shower.

Here are a few highlights:

The Cake – While I can’t even come close to taking credit for making the cake, I did comb Facebook for the perfect someone in the area to make the cake. Cakes by Analisa was who I decided on after looking at her fabulous cakes. The cake she made for the shower was GORGEOUS! I absolutely loved it, and so did everyone else. I told her sports themed baby shower, and she ran with it. The price was pretty reasonable too. I'm totally using her for my munchkins birthday party in December. 




Diaper Cake – I did make the diaper cake.  A diaper cake is one of the cutest but easiest gifts/decorations for a baby shower. I will have a tutorial posted soon on how I made it, so be on the lookout for the how to! Update: Go HERE to see the tutorial on how to make a diaper cake!




Wreath – One of my coworkers, who is also very crafty, made this adorable wreath. It is beautiful!




Punch – Another coworker made the punch using an ice mold and sports themed bath toys. Here’s a great tutorial for the ice mold.


All-Star Banner – I made this banner out of scrapbook paper and ribbon. It was a really easy and cheap way to decorate the shower.  





The shower was a success, and Jennifer loved it! My coworkers were pretty darn awesome in helping out with everything. 


Linking Up With:

    








Pin It

5 comments :

  1. Adorable! My cousin just had a sports themed shower. She would have loved to have that cake and diaper cake! Keeping this in mind for future boy baby showers :) - Sarah @ Repeat Crafter Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sports theme is cool and those base ball at corner of the cake is very nicely created.
    Pooh Baby Shower

    ReplyDelete
  3. Extremely gorgeous baby shower! I am so glad to see these photographs here. Anyway, I am an event planner and now going to host a baby shower party for my own sister at one of her favorite venues in Atlanta. I’ve collected a lot of unique ideas for décor. So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a baby shower idea. So fantastic, so hilarious. Love the idea you delivered here for you numerous fans and followers. I like sports theme and always love to enjoy my life as a Fun life so that no worse thing can touch me ever. Anyway, I just discovered your amazing blog post and excited with the baby shower theme you arranged for Jennifer's pleasure. The cake looks indeed so gorgeous and eye-pleasing.

    ReplyDelete