Friday, November 30, 2012

Ornament Swap

I've never participated in any kind of online ornament swap, but when I saw that Tutus and Tea Parties was hosting one, I decided to give it a go. 




I was paired with Jen who blogs at Grown in Southern Ground. Of course, I procrastinated and was past the deadline sending mine off (I hope that Jen didn't mind too much), but I was super excited with what I received! Here's a picture of what I got:  






I especially love the Scrabble ornament. Anything crafty and unique is right up my alley. It went on the tree immediately after I took a picture of it. Super cute and creative! Jen seemed to like non-traditional and eclectic Christmas themes and colors. Here's what I made for her: 




It's kind of big for an ornament, but it can be hung up for decoration after Christmas. I mod podged scrapbook paper onto a spray painted wooden circle. I then painted the edges and sanded them, adding a few finishing touches with a paint marker. I stapled jute twine to the back and added a cute bow. 

While we did have a $5 limit, I probably only spent about $1.25. I'm glad I am crafty, because I'm super cheap. I included a card but not a cute handmade one like Jen did. I hope she likes it!  



2 comments :

  1. got it today... i love it, thank you!!!!! i love owls, pink, and green so it was PERFECT. writing my reveal post now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all so cute! Thanks for joining our swap! Hope to have you back again next year. :)

    ReplyDelete